Wednesday, June 1, 2016

May 31, 2016

    Today was not really exciting, especially when comparing it to yesterday’s chaos! To update you guys on the girl in the hospital: She has chikungunya which is a pathogen spread by mosquitos. The symptoms include a high fever, sweating, and lots of pain. The seizure that I talked about earlier was because of the body’s reaction to the high internal temperatures. She will fortunately live and the good news is that she is unlikely to get chikungunya again.
        Anyways, I started off the morning with missing breakfast because I couldn't get off the toilet. Since the start of my day was so crappy (literally), I went back to sleep for an hour. I then helped out with some of the little kids again, did some work with my Magellan Project, and went to mass in the evening. Overall, a pretty bland day (which I didn’t mind at all)! Mass was for the Dia de Sagrado Corazon and was held at a nearby high-school. I had to sit besides some little girls that would not stop talking until I separated them. It got pretty annoying and wore on my patience haha. After mass I got to Facetime my family again (thankfully there were no interruptions this time) and some of the girls joined me on my Facetime call. They all said my brother was better looking than me (they like to pull my leg a lot). They also commented on how young my parents looked, why my sisters looked so old, and where my two dogs were. It was a great little conversation and it helped me through the night.

        Sorry for the lackluster update! Things should pick up towards the end of the week because I’m going to Santa Cruz for a couple of days! Also, I unfortunately did not get to see a surgery today because of how busy the nuns were with the girl in the hospital. Keep up with the emails because I REALLY enjoy them and thanks for reading! Chao!

Sorry, no pictures today. I forgot to upload them on to my USB. There will be more pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment