Wednesday, June 8, 2016

June 7, 2016

     Today was a pretty decent day. It started off with me picking up Leonardo (the baby) and taking him to my room for the morning. He slept while I did my work (and I took a little nap as well). He was well behaved because I was prepared this time. I had his pacifier, a new diaper, and a bottle of milk to calm him down. During our playdate, I changed his diaper and fed him his breakfast. All in all, good way to start the day.
             I helped around the Hogar again doing miscellaneous jobs. When the girls got back from school I helped with their homework. My Spanish is getting better so I really able to help them now! After a couple hours of homework, I was started heading back to my room to get changed for church when I saw a girl (15?) sitting in the back of the Hogar by herself. She was staring off into some plants and looked very distraught. I went up and sat beside her and she kept staring straight ahead. You could tell that she had been crying by the tear streaks on her face. I asked her if she needed anything, or I could help in anyway. After a response of silence, I then asked if she wanted me to leave and she nodded her head. I went to my room wondering if I could’ve done anything more. I was in a daze when I got back to my room. I just sat on the couch and didn’t move for a good bit of time. That moment took a lot out of me.
            We went to mass at 5:30 (which was about a mile away). The mass was in a gymnasium and it took F.O.R.E.V.E.R. The priest kept talking and talking and talking. I think the sister sitting next to me almost nodded off. The girls got distracted about an hour and a half into the marathon and started misbehaving. It just was not a good time. To make the night worst, we had to walk the mile back to the Hogar in the dark. Not too much fun. Anyways, we had a cold dinner of meat and potatoes and then I headed off for bed.
            Tomorrow I am going to the University with one of the older girls her, Marta. I am going to be sitting in on an economics lecture… Wish me luck… It should be very interesting and I am looking forward to it! Thanks for the emails and I will continue with the updates to the blog. Chao!

 Twinning! This is how we hang out in the early morning hours.
 Leonardo was a happy camper most of the morning!
 This is me helping a girl out with her English homework.
The front gate to the Hogar Sagrado de Corazon (from the inside). 

No comments:

Post a Comment