Monday, June 6, 2016

June 5, 2016

     Today was mostly a boring day. Really nothing too interesting to say! I woke up in the morning and had my usual breakfast. After breakfast, I took my icy shower and then went to mass with the girls. When mass finished up, I went back to my room and worked on my project for four hours (I know, sounds like fun haha). When I finished up my work, I proceeded to help some girls with their homework that’s due tomorrow. I don’t actually think they need the help sometimes but they enjoy me being there. The reason I think that is a girl was asking about multiplication and she was in 10th grade. I know she knew how to do the problems because they were completed on the previous page (she also was laughing at me while I tried to teach her)! After helping the girls, I had dinner with Carina and an assistant here at the Hogar. The meal consisted of pork, rice, and boiled eggs. It wasn’t too shabby! When the meal was finished, I went back to my room to work on my project and to write this.
            Tomorrow I plan on going to the supermarket to get some more Oreos. I finished my rations today and the cravings for them are real. I might also try to go to the market again. One last update; a girl here at the orphanage who is attending the University near here invited me to go to her economics class this week! I’m excited to go and I hope I don’t get asked any questions so I don’t make a fool out of myself. Anyways, thanks for the emails and I will hopefully be able to give a more exciting update tomorrow. Chao!

            (Quick Plug: This will make this update more exciting! After I finished up writing this update I went to bed. At around 3 in the morning I heard the dogs outside going INSANE. They sounded like they were underneath my window. Anyways, their noises consisted of barking, screeching, and whimpering (almost like they were trapped). This went on for 10 minutes while I laid there in bed. Finally, I got up to put some ear plugs in and the noises suddenly stopped but I could hear the pitter-patter of their feet. No less than 10 seconds after I laid back into my bed I hear a huge BANG on my door and then the sounds of scratching on the door and tile floor. The dogs were (for some unknown reason) at my door. As quickly as it started, it stopped. After 10 seconds of digging, the dogs ran away and I didn’t hear them the rest of the night. I couldn’t sleep after that because my adrenaline was pumping haha.)

 This is one of the older girls of the Hogar, Fabiola.
 This is the back of the church that we usually go to. I thought it was interesting.
 This is Messi. He is a big trouble maker haha.

Some of the masses have some dancing in them! The attire is usually very vibrant and interesting!
It took me over an hour to make this gif. so you better like it! These two girls were trying to fold a blanket when one of them got distracted and tried smiling for a picture. When I told her to continue helping she bonked heads with the other girl. It was hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment